CAINE LiveCD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remove disk or media (NBCaine2.0.dd) (SOLVED)

Go down

Remove disk or media (NBCaine2.0.dd) (SOLVED) Empty Remove disk or media (NBCaine2.0.dd) (SOLVED)

Post  Smokey Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:31 am

I have extracted the files from the .dd and i have also enlarged the casper-rw as well, but when i boot up usb i get the message

Remove disk or media
Press any key to continue

Can anyone shed any light to what is going on with this and how do i fix it ? i ask because i followed all the instructions and it does look right looking at the directory , could it be a problem with the vesamenu.c32 or isolinux ?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Last edited by Smokey on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistakes)
Smokey
Smokey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Back to top Go down

Remove disk or media (NBCaine2.0.dd) (SOLVED) Empty NBCaine2.0.dd Remove disk or media on boot (SOLVED)

Post  Smokey Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello this has been wiped once sh*tty internet, but Nannib and i ( mostly Nannib ) helped me to fixed my quandary and it was down to a couple of factors which had been holding me back from getting NBCaine2.0.dd onto my usb stick, one of which was my choice in browser. I use ( or had ) used Chromium and Safari for months and without knowing each time i downloaded this it had been a corrupt file that i had been getting. I swiftly got Firefox and that problem had been fixed.
My next problem i found is that when extracting the .dd file to my usb stick ( /dev/sdb ) i had been using /dev/sdb1 the partition of my usb stick. Yes this might of been a newbie mistake but i thought it was at least worth posting my result of this up as you never know someone might need to see this.

Thanks Nannib

Remove disk or media (NBCaine2.0.dd) (SOLVED) Url12
Smokey
Smokey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Back to top Go down