CAINE LiveCD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destination USB drive mounted read/write doesn't accept files

3 posters

Go down

Destination USB drive mounted read/write doesn't accept files Empty Destination USB drive mounted read/write doesn't accept files

Post  Ragondin Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Hello,

I'm a new user of CAINE 3.0 Live CD.
I want to copy files from a memory card to a USB drive.
In that purpose, I use Mounter to mount source in read only mode and mount destination drive in read/write mode.

I don't understand why I cannot copy files to destination drive ("Paste", "Create files" options for this drive are disabled).

I tried also the "Forensic Tool"s / "Save as an evidence" script, no file is created on destination drive, whatever type of USB drive I plug in.

Any idea what the problem is ?

Thanks for your help.

Ragondin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-12-08

Back to top Go down

Destination USB drive mounted read/write doesn't accept files Empty Re: Destination USB drive mounted read/write doesn't accept files

Post  MAX.KNIGHT68 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Ragondin wrote:Hello,

I'm a new user of CAINE 3.0 Live CD.
I want to copy files from a memory card to a USB drive.
In that purpose, I use Mounter to mount source in read only mode and mount destination drive in read/write mode.

I don't understand why I cannot copy files to destination drive ("Paste", "Create files" options for this drive are disabled).

I tried also the "Forensic Tool"s / "Save as an evidence" script, no file is created on destination drive, whatever type of USB drive I plug in.

Any idea what the problem is ?

Thanks for your help.

Hello, i am a new user of CAINE 3.0 LiveCD too.
Few days ago i had the same problem you are describing in here. I have tried to copy a video file that i had previously recorded with the tool RecordMyDesktop which is included in the "Sound & Video"submenu.
In order to do that, first i have mounted my pendrive in read/write mode with the mounter, then i tried to copy the video. Nothing happened Sad the file was not copied. I also tried to compress the file into an archive but i failed...
After several attempts, when i was almost to give up, in the end i succeded. Very Happy but, believe me i sincerely don't know.
i think it is a problem related to th file's permissions but as i am new linux/ubuntu user, this subject is unknown to me yet. Surprised
However i will try again to copy files from a device to another and (maybe) i will record a new video in order to show you the solution i have found.

Greetings.
Merry Xmas
Happy New Year santa

MAX.KNIGHT68

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-12-02

Back to top Go down

Destination USB drive mounted read/write doesn't accept files Empty Re: Destination USB drive mounted read/write doesn't accept files

Post  nannib Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 pm

you have to use "sudo" or the Caja (clicking in the panel bar on the bottom) so you can use Caja as root and not as user.
bye
nannib
nannib
Admin

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-10-28

http://www.nannibassetti.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down